Thursday, October 18, 2012

...AND LONG HELLO'S

It looks like... I'M BACK.

I know, I know. It's been... well, it's been a good couple months, now hasn't it? So much has changed and so much keeps changing. I got so caught up in my daily life that, well, I kinda forgot this was here.

But I'm back. And I want to stay updating for a while now.

What I do know is that I can't probably devote a whole lot of time to photos. I would really love to, and I will try my best, but everybody loves a good ol' text post about my thoughts, yeah?

I suppose a little update is in order.

1. The two week arts program was... FANTASTIC. I was pretty nervous about it, but I have to say it was so unbelievably life changing. I felt so... free. Everyone wore whatever they liked, expressed any thoughts, made art about any subject, without feeling judged. I made some pieces that I'm really proud of, but overall I just learned so much. That was something that really struck a chord with me. And this experience was a major leader into this second point..

2. I'm attending a visual arts high school for a semester. Yes it's true! I'm leaving second semester to learn even more about art and who I am. Luckily, it's not too far from home so I can see my family more often ;) I'm thinking of it as a college prep semester.

3. I ombre-d my hair. Myself. Honestly, my friends and I were on vacation together three hours out of town. I wanted to wait and get mine professionally done, because I didn't know what I was doing. But while I was there, I did a reverse ombre on my friend (light to dark) and realized... hey, maybe I can do this. And, voila, before you knew it, I was slapping on lightening powder and came out with a brand new 'do. I'm really happy with how it turned out. I have to touch it up a bit, but overall I really am enjoying it. If there's any interest in an ombre tutorial, let me know (for any readers who are out there).

4. My shopping addiction has reached an all time high. But hey, more material to post here, eh?

5. I purchased my first vintage piece. And now... I can't stop. I've had hand-me-downs from family members and things like that, but I never really found a funky cool piece to buy. Let's just say a 60's red velvet blazer has found its way into my closet ;) I'm really starting to develop my style, which is exciting!

6. I recently saw Perks of Being a Wallflower. And highly recommend it. 

7. Instead of being onstage, I'm now doing backstage work and design. I know it's really not that interesting, but ever since I was twelve, I've always been on stage. I thought that was where I belonged. Recently, I haven't felt that gratification after coming off the stage. This is not to say that I don't like it, it's just that.. well, it isn't my passion anymore. Now, it's my first time doing set design and backstage work and I couldn't be happier. I'm designing a major graphic for the show, and even though it's a high school play, to me it seems like the Real Deal. The Big Time. It's making me realize how much I want to be a creative director in the future... ;)

Well. That's all I can think of. Really, not too much is going on - school is taking over (but hey, what can you do as a junior?), I'm balancing a job and after school curriculars (and homework of course), and trying to figure out more and more of who I am as the days go on. Plus, you know, try and socialize. And stuff. Not that that ever really happens anymore!

Plans for the future (yeah, this post just keeps on going!)
I'm hoping to write a lot more, try as often as possible to get photos up, hopefully showcase some art, and mostly just write about... well, stuff that interests me. I'm ready to start this journey... again!

katie

No comments:

Post a Comment