Tuesday, October 23, 2012

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

It makes me so happy to see so many campaigns about appreciating natural beauty, loving the skin you're in, and embracing who you are. It's empowering, and I have so much confidence in my generation, that we're helping kick start a group of young women who can change the world.
But at the same time... and my intention is not to be  Debbie Downer here... it's almost a bit demeaning. I mean, not really. But what I'm saying is, I've definitely experience people giving me a hard time if I wear makeup or something like that. The thing is... makeup is fun to play with. It doesn't mean I lack confidence or feel that I need to cover my face up or whatever. Maybe it's the painter in me, but I kind of think that my face is like a canvas and that I can play around and try new things. Okay. That sounds weird. But still!

Really, I just want to challenge people who see makeup as something bad. Let people express themselves however they want... if you don't like it, no one's makin' you do it, yeah? 
It's not my intention at all to preach. At all at all. Just... food for thought ;)
katie

No comments:

Post a Comment