Thursday, October 18, 2012

WEEKLY MUSIC

Okay. We'll see how this actually goes, but I'm hoping to just keep up with posting music that I really like at least once a week.

This week, I'm showing off TacocaT. My friend and I went a few weeks back to a music festival, and when I saw them live I almost died.

They are that good.

Female lead singer Emily Noke has a really cool voice (not to mention amazing style. I want her platinum blonde and pink bob. Seriously). The music is just awesome. It's like a trip back in time (am I crazy for thinking there's a definite Monkees influence?), and yet super modern. What more can you want? The lryics are about anything from getting your new issue of Cat Fancy in the mail to discussing politics and the definition of 'indie'. They're local (at least to me), so not super well known, but definitely should be.


Here is my current favorite. Enjoy. Favorite line: 'angry girl music of the indie rock persuasion'. 

katie

No comments:

Post a Comment