Sunday, October 21, 2012

HELLO AUTUMN

It's finally here! Autumn (more on that later*) and winter are my absolute favorite seasons. I finally broke out the camera, as it's essentially just collecting dust in my room, and ventured outside.

Over here in the Pacific Northwest, we have... fickle weather. To put it gently. Here, Mother Nature plays with her guinea pig-like humans as she changes one day to seventy degrees, and the next to thirty. Today, it was pretty chilly, but not too bad.

Anyway, this is what I wore to just chill out on the weekend:







































Today, I got to incorporate four of my favorite things: denim jackets, burgundy, stripes, and my beloved Doc Martens. Needless to say, I was more than content.








































And I was lucky enough to be shooting just as the sun was setting, so I had some fun with solar flares...


















Notes: jacket/ vintage, striped shirt/ Nordstrom, pants/ Madewell, Docs/ Doc Martens


Did I go a little bit crazy with selfies? You bet I did. But how could you not with such amazing light? I just pointed the camera straight at the sun, hopped in front to the side, and hoped that I might get something of interest. Sure, my focus is a bit off, but I'd never really experimented with direct sunlight like this, so it was a really neat learning opportunity.

Anyway. For me, there are three wardrobe staples: a denim jacket, something black and white (stripes, polka dots, you name it), and something burgundy. The black and white patterns are great because they can be worn with anything and everything. Almost all of my shirts are some variation of those two colors!  I usually wear pretty neutral colors, so burgundy is a great pop without being too bright. Burgundy, mustard and olive are generally the three colors I play around with most.

Going along with that, you can never go wrong with a denim jacket. I literally wear mine with everything: dresses, skirts, pants, you name it. I even break the rule of denim on denim (le gasp, I know) because I wear it so often.

And don't even get me started on Doc Martens. I would happily wear these every day for the rest of my life if I could. I think they are the coolest, funkiest, most comfortable things in the world, and I wear them all the time. I even paired them with a fancy dress for a semi-formal occasion at school... ;)

*Fun Fact: This year, I'm trying to call the season Autumn instead of Fall, because Fall reminds me of... well... Reichenbach. Anybody else get me?

Enjoy this amazingly perfect season :)
katie

Edit: okay, when I looked at this on the page, the photos are coming up way blurrier than they actually are. I don't know why that is. When you click to zoom in on them, they are much more in focus. I'm going to try and figure that out... 

No comments:

Post a Comment